Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cooking something other than food

Hi friends.
My apologies for the lack in posts these past couple of weeks. You see, while I usually love spending time in my kitchen and whipping up gourmet (and sometimes, not so gourmet) delights for my husband and I to enjoy, it seems we've cooked up a little something else. Yep, I'm in the family way.
What does that mean? It means for the past couple of weeks, I have not had the stomach (har har) to prepare food. In fact, most days I have a constant nagging nausea that goes away for fleeting moments but has left me drained by the time dinner rolls around. The food prep and cooking has fallen into the capable hands of my husband who is being a great sport about my complaining. In his words, apparently I sound like "Wah, wah, wah! Baby! Wah, wah, wah! Pregnant!" and "Could you please...?". Also in the past couple of weeks, we've started to be more proactive about housework and making our bed. We're starting to feel something more akin to being grown ups rather than playing house. So, yay us!
What does this pregnancy mean for the blog? At the moment, it's going to languish in the ethers of the internet while I rest and focus on not feeling sick. I still intend to use this blog as a way to document recipes and tips on how I cook them, but while I'm not cooking I won't be posting recipes. Fingers crossed the sickness goes away after the first trimester, otherwise it's going to be a longer hiatus than intended.
Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it and you. Hopefully I'll be back before long! Take care of yourselves, and experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment